Position Title: Assistant Professor (Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling)
Organization: California State University, Fresno
Location: Fresno, CA
Posted Date: Thursday, September 6, 2018
Application Due Date: Friday, November 2, 2018
Status: Tenure Track
Start: Fall 2019 (August 2019)
General: Our department seeks applicants that participate in preparing graduate students for a Master of Science degree in Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling. Some typical responsibilities include teaching graduate clinical rehabilitation and mental health counseling courses (specifically counseling practicum), providing clinical supervision, and conducting student advisement. This position, as with all Education Faculty, has the potential to advance the importance of diversity and inclusion, through teaching, research, and service at the university level. Our program seeks to hire someone who has experience working with diverse populations such as African Americans, Latinos/as, Southeast Asians, persons with disabilities, or first-generation university students.
Our Students: This University is committed to serving our students with a focus on inclusion.
Our department seeks applicants that participate in preparing graduate students for a Master of Science degree in Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling. Some typical responsibilities include teaching graduate clinical rehabilitation and mental health counseling courses (specifically counseling practicum), providing clinical supervision, and conducting student advisement. This position, as with all Education Faculty, has the potential to advance the importance of diversity and inclusion, through teaching, research, and service at the university level. Our program seeks to hire someone who has experience working with diverse populations such as African Americans, Latinos/as, Southeast Asians, persons with disabilities, or first-generation university students. This University is committed to serving our students with a focus on inclusion.
Required Education (from an accredited institution or foreign equivalent.):
1. Must have an earned doctorate (Ph.D., Rh.D. or Ed.D.) in Rehabilitation Counseling or Counselor Education or other closely related discipline from an accredited institution (or equivalent).
2. Applicants nearing completion of the doctorate (ABD) may be considered; however, for appointment, the doctorate must be
completed by August 15, 2020.
1. Ability to demonstrate a commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff and students from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
2. Counseling experience in the practice of Rehabilitation Counseling.
3. Demonstrated potential for teaching excellence and scholarly activity at the university level. Teaching effectiveness can be demonstrated
through a variety of ways including service learning, integration of prior clinical experience, distance learning, and creation of culturally
1. Personal and professional commitment to multicultural education, diversity, and, social justice;
2. Ability to effectively establish and maintain community partnerships;
3. Experience in grant writing, development, and/or procurement in human services;
4. Active involvement in professional rehabilitation and related organizations;
5. Knowledge of accreditation, program planning, and evaluation;
6. Experience in student advising and mentoring;
7. Teaching effectiveness through service learning, integration of prior clinical experience, distance learning, and creation of culturally responsive teaching environments.
8. Possess the CRC or be CRC eligible
How to Apply:
Application Procedures: Review of applications will begin on 11/2/2018. The committee may only review applications submitted by this date.
Apply online at: http://jobs.csufresno.edu and attach the following:
(1) Cover letter specifically addressing required experience, preferred qualifications, and CRC status or
(2) Curriculum vitae
(3) List of three professional references
(4) Statement addressing your commitment to working with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and
Candidates invited for an on-campus visit must submit by mail/e-mail. The Search Chair will send information and requests for these
items and provide a deadline.
(1) Three current letters of recommendation
(2) Official transcripts
(3) Teaching philosophy statement
Search Chair: Alicia B. Becton, Department of Counselor Education and Rehabilitation
Kremen School of Education
Email: email@example.com (email communication is preferred)
Organization Website: http://www.csufresno.edu
About Fresno State: California State University, Fresno is an engaged University. We focus on broadening students’ intellectual horizons, fostering lifelong learning skills, developing the leaders of tomorrow, promoting community involvement, and instilling an appreciation of world cultures. We nurture cultural competence by celebrating the rich diversity of the campus community and welcoming the participation of all.
Members of the University community are expected to work effectively with faculty, staff and students from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. For information on the University’s commitment and dedication to creating a university known for its integrity, civility, equity, respect and ethical behavior, please visit: http://www.fresnostate.edu/academics/diversity
Tenure-Track Faculty members gain a clear path to tenure through the University’s Probationary Plan Process. For additional information please visit: www.fresnostate.edu/aps/appointments. We value our commitment to the success of our faculty by providing services from the Center for Faculty Excellence to Research and Sponsored Programs.
About the College and Department: The Kremen School of Education and Human Development has been nationally accredited (NCATE/CAEP) since 1954 offering 34 distinct credentials, many Masters’ degree programs, and a Doctorate in Educational Leadership. The Master of Science in Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling program has been accredited by CORE since 1974 and is currently accredited by CACREP. The Department of Counselor Education and Rehabilitation encompasses four counseling programs (Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling, Marriage, Family and Child Counseling, School Counseling and Student Affairs and College counseling).
Other Campus Information:
In compliance with the Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Fresno has made crime-reporting statistics available to applicants, students, and employees online at www.fresnostate.edu/police/clery/index.shtml. Print copies are available by request from the Campus Police Department.
A background check (including criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily for this position. An offer of employment may be withdrawn or employment may be terminated based upon the results of the background investigation.
The person holding this position is considered a “limited reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following website: http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083.html.
California State University, Fresno is a smoke-free campus; for information, for additional information see http://fresnostate.edu/adminserv/smokefree
California State University, Fresno is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.