California State University, Fresno – Assistant Professor, Tenure Track
Position Title: Assistant Professor, Tenure Track
Organization: California State University, Fresno
Location: Fresno, CA
Posted Dated: Friday, May 15, 2020
Application Due Date: Tuesday, September 15, 2020, Open Until Filled
Our department is excited to announce an additional opening for an assistant professor to join our growing and successful program in preparing graduate students for a Master of Science degree in Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling. Some typical responsibilities include teaching graduate clinical rehabilitation and mental health counseling courses (specifically counseling practicum), providing clinical supervision, and conducting student advisement. This position, as with all Education Faculty, has the potential to advance the importance of diversity and inclusion, through teaching, research, and service at the university level. Our program seeks to hire someone who has experience working with diverse populations such as African Americans, Latinos/as, Southeast Asians, persons with disabilities, or first-generation university students.
Our students: The University is committed to serving our students with a focus on inclusion.
1. Required Education (from an accredited institution or foreign equivalent.):
2. Must have an earned doctorate (Ph.D., Rh.D. or Ed.D.) in Rehabilitation Counseling or Counselor Education or other closely related discipline from an accredited institution (or equivalent).
3. Applicants nearing completion of the doctorate (ABD) may be considered; however, for appointment, the requirements for doctorate must be completed by August 1, 2021.
Preferred Education accreditation: Doctorate from a CORE/CACREP accredited institution
1. Ability to demonstrate a commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff and students from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
2. Counseling experience in the practice of Rehabilitation Counseling.
3. Demonstrated potential for teaching excellence and scholarly activity at the university level. 4. Teaching effectiveness can be demonstrated through a variety of ways including service learning, integration of prior clinical experience, distance learning, and creation of culturally responsive environments.
For an appointment to Associate Professor, candidates must demonstrate a strong record of excellence in teaching at the university level and a record of scholarly research and publication commensurate with level of experience.
1. Personal and professional commitment to multicultural education, diversity, and, social justice;
2. Ability to effectively establish and maintain community partnerships;
3. Experience in grant writing, development, and/or procurement in human services;
4. Active involvement in professional rehabilitation and related organizations;
5. Knowledge of accreditation, program planning, and evaluation;
6. Experience in student advising and mentoring;
7. Teaching effectiveness through service learning, integration of prior clinical experience, distance learning, and creation of culturally responsive teaching environments.
8. Possess the CRC or be CRC eligible.
How to Apply:
Application Procedures: For best consideration, applications should be received by 09/15/2020.
All positions automatically close May 1, 2021.
Apply online at https://careers.fresnostate.edu/en-us/job/496768 and attach the following:
Cover letter specifically addressing the required experience, preferred qualifications, and CRC status or eligibility status.
List of three professional references
A statement addressing your commitment to working with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds
Candidates invited for an on-campus visit must submit by mail/e-mail. The Search Chair will send information and requests for these items and provide a deadline.
Three current letters of recommendation
Teaching philosophy statement
Organization Website: http://www.fresnostate.edu/kremen/crmhc/index.html