Position Title: Assistant/Associate Professor in Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling.
Organization: California State University, Fresno
Location: Fresno, CA
Posted Dated: Monday, September 9, 2019
Application Due Date: Friday, November 15, 2019
Title: Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling
Rank: Assistant/Associate Professor
Status: Tenure Track
Start: Fall 2020 (August 2020)
General: Our department seeks applicants that participate in preparing graduate students for a Master of Science degree in Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling. Some typical responsibilities include teaching graduate clinical rehabilitation and mental health counseling courses (specifically counseling practicum), providing clinical supervision, and conducting student advisement.
This position, as with all Education Faculty, has the potential to advance the importance of diversity and inclusion, through teaching, research, and service at the university level. Our program seeks to hire someone who has experience working with diverse populations such as African Americans, Latinos/as, Southeast Asians, persons with disabilities, or first-generation university students.
Required Education (from an accredited institution or foreign equivalent.):
1. Must have an earned doctorate (Ph.D., Rh.D. or Ed.D.) in Rehabilitation Counseling or Counselor Education or other closely related discipline from an accredited institution (or equivalent).
2. Applicants nearing completion of the doctorate (ABD) may be considered; however, for appointment, the requirements for doctorate must be completed by August 1, 2020.
Preferred Education accreditation: Doctorate from a CORE/CACREP accredited institution Required Experience:
1. Ability to demonstrate a commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff and students from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
2. Counseling experience in the practice of Rehabilitation Counseling.
3. Demonstrated potential for teaching excellence and scholarly activity at the university level. Teaching effectiveness can be demonstrated through a variety of ways including service learning, integration of prior clinical experience, distance learning, and creation of culturally responsive environments.
4. For an appointment to Associate Professor, candidates must demonstrate a strong record of excellence in teaching at the university level and a record of scholarly research and publication commensurate with level of experience.
1. Personal and professional commitment to multicultural education, diversity, and, social justice;
2. Ability to effectively establish and maintain community partnerships;
3. Experience in grant writing, development, and/or procurement in human services;
4. Active involvement in professional rehabilitation and related organizations;
5. Knowledge of accreditation, program planning, and evaluation;
6. Experience in student advising and mentoring;
7. Teaching effectiveness through service learning, integration of prior clinical experience, distance learning, and creation of culturally responsive teaching environments.
8. Possess the CRC or be CRC eligible.
How to Apply:
Application Procedures: For best consideration, applications should be received by 11/15/2019. All positions automatically close May 1, 2020.
Apply online at: http://jobs.csufresno.edu and attach the following:
(1) Cover letter specifically addressing required experience, preferred qualifications, and CRC status or eligibility status.
(2) Curriculum vitae
(3) List of three professional references
(4) Statement addressing your commitment to working with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds
Candidates invited for an on-campus visit must submit by mail/e-mail. The Search Chair will send information and requests for these items and provide a deadline.
(1) Three current letters of recommendation
(2) Official transcripts
(3) Teaching philosophy statement
Search Chair: Dr. Alicia B. Becton, Department of Counselor Education and Rehabilitation Kremen School of Education
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (email communication is preferred)
Organization Website: http://www.csufresno.edu/