New Career Membership
Membership Application (Renewal)
If you were a member of the July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017 year, please log into your current account and you will be directed to complete the online application at this link: https://ncre.org/login/
New Member Application and Payment Process
If you were not a member of the July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017 year please read this document before you complete the online application, located to the right side of this page under New Member Application.
Who qualifies for New Career Membership?
Any individual who is within the first 5 years of their professional career and has an interest in rehabilitation training, counseling, research, or education and is no more than five years post graduation from a doctoral or masters-level degree is eligible to become a New Career Member.
Postdoctoral Fellowship Membership (First and Second Year)
Any individual who is within the first two years of their Postdoctoral Fellowship are eligible to maintain membership for two years if they join during their fellowship.
- Use MyNCRE Community Forums to create meaningful dialogue and share current trends in accreditation, rehabilitation counseling, research, education, legislative matters, and other issues impacting the profession.
- Connect and collaborate with New Career Members throughout all points of the U.S.
- Searching for an Academic Position? Connect with the Designated Program Coordinators from all points of the U.S. and access the Recruitment for Faculty Positions Forum to connect and search for current job listings
- Access to the Councils, which provide an online forum for Individual, New Career, Emeritus, and Student Members to network with other professionals and work on areas of shared interest.
- Upload and share files, such as your resume and/or CV on MyNCRE Community (similar to “Drop box” or “Google drive”), provide feedback, and create your own professional network to share your own expertise.
- Professional Journal: log in, read, and download new issues and have access to issues published from 2006 to 2015 as an added benefit of membership.
- And much more!
MyNCRE Rewards Program
- Members of the July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017 year that renew and recruit 2 new or past New Career Members (must be the same membership category) for the July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017 will receive a 10% discount on registration at one of the annual conferences of your choosing (Fall 2017 in DC or Spring 2018 in CA).
- Both new members will also receive a 10% discount on registration at one of the annual conferences of their choosing (Fall 2017 in DC or Spring 2018 in CA).
- Current members should contact the administrative office for verification of new or past membership status of the individual in order to guarantee 10% discount.
- If you have questions regarding membership and or discounts, please contact the administrative office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: IF you are a new member and recruit two additional new members of the same category for the July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018 year, all three members will receive a 10% discount on registration at one of the annual conferences of your choosing (Fall 2017 in DC or Spring 2018 in CA).
Professional Journal, Rehabilitation Research, Policy, and Education
- Rehabilitation Research, Policy, and Education is available through Springer Publishing Company and accessed online through the MyNCRE Login members page.
- Members will receive 4 electronic copies (quarterly) of the professional journal.
- Members can login to read and download new issues as they are published and access to all issues published from 2009 to 2017 as an additional benefit of membership.
- Members can purchase a hardcopy of the 4 issues (quarterly) through Springer Publishing Company. Please contact the administrative office for details at email@example.com.
Reduced Conference Rates
- Members receive reduced registration at the Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 conferences.
- NCRE maintains a set of 5 Councils that address specific focus areas in rehabilitation education. The Councils provide a forum for Individual, New Career, Emeritus, and Student Members to network with other professionals and work on areas of shared interest.
- Council groups hold meetings at the annual Fall and Spring conferences, but may also meet at other times throughout the year.
- The RE-Mail LIST is a forum both to learn about and inform the NCRE community on issues of interest to rehabilitation counseling, and rehabilitation education.
- NCRE President’s and Administrative Office Updates, Job Announcements, Annual Conference Updates and Training Opportunities, Legislative Updates, Awards and Scholarship Announcements, NIDRR and RSA Announcements/Grant Opportunities, Newsletters and more.