New Career Membership
New Membership Application Process – Important Changes (Please Read Before Completing the Online Application)
- Membership Application is only available online. The membership applications are located to the right side of the page under Renew and New Membership Application.
- It is important the New Career Member complete their online application, as many of the questions will not be answerable by the administrative assistant and/or office personnel.
- The online membership application is created to help generate the New Career Membership user account, as it will collect needed information to create your profile.
- This data will help us serve you better by driving content and activity to your areas of interest and help better organize NCRE as a whole. As part of this process you will also be asked to create your MyNCRE Login Community Username/Password.
- After you have completed the online membership application, and payment has been processed you will receive an email confirmation to include your membership receipt, and detailed information on how to get started and access the MyNCRE membership benefits.
- The secure online membership form will accept Visa, MasterCard or Pay by Check.
- Paying with a credit card provides you instant membership benefits including MyNCRE Community account.
- Paying with a check will still generate your MyNCRE Community account, however, neither it nor your other online membership benefits will be available. Please note, once payment has been received by the administrative office and processed it may take 7-10 business days to receive an email to confirm when your full benefits have been activated.
- Once you complete the online membership application, and regardless of the payment option you select (Visa, MasterCard or Pay by Check) a copy of the membership application will be emailed to the address you provide. You can print or forward this email to the appropriate person if your employer is paying for your membership.
Please Note: Dues are non-refundable and membership is non-transferable, but fully portable should you change your employer. A $30.00 charge will be assessed for returned checks.
Who qualifies for New Career Membership?
Any individual who has an interest in rehabilitation training, counseling, research, or education and is no more than two years post graduation from a doctoral or masters-level degree is eligible to become a New Career Member. In addition, Postdoctoral Fellows are also eligible to maintain membership for two years if they join during their fellowship.
First Year New Career Membership
If you graduated and/or confirmed to graduate in 2016 you qualify for New Career Member – First Year. New Career Membership offers a two-year consecutive pricing structure. The membership fee is $65.00 dollars.
Second Year New Career Membership
If you graduated in 2014 and/or 2015 then you qualify for New Career Member – Second Year. The membership fee is $65.00 dollars.
Postdoctoral Fellowship Membership (First and Second Year)
If you graduated and/or confirmed to graduate in 2016 you qualify for Postdoctoral Fellowship- First Year. New Career Membership offers a two-year consecutive pricing structure. The membership fee is $65.00 dollars.
If you graduated in 2014 and/or 2015 then you qualify for Postdoctoral Fellowship- Second Year. The membership fee is $65.00 dollars.
- Use MyNCRE Community Forums to create meaningful dialogue and share current trends in accreditation, rehabilitation counseling, research, education, legislative matters, and other issues impacting the profession.
- Connect and collaborate with New Career Members throughout all points of the U.S.
- Searching for an Academic Position? Connect with the Designated Program Coordinators from all points of the U.S. and access the Recruitment for Faculty Positions Forum to connect and search for current job listings
- Access to the Councils, which provide an online forum for Individual, New Career, Emeritus, and Student Members to network with other professionals and work on areas of shared interest.
- Upload and share files, such as your resume and/or CV on MyNCRE Community (similar to “Drop box” or “Google drive”), provide feedback, and create your own professional network to share your own expertise.
- Professional Journal: log in, read, and download new issues and have access to issues published from 2006 to 2015 as an added benefit of membership.
- And much more!
Professional Journal, Rehabilitation Research, Policy, and Education
- One hardcopy per issue (quarterly) of the journal.
- Rehabilitation Research, Policy, and Education is available through Springer Publishing Company and accessed online through the MyNCRE Login page.
- Members can login to read and download new issues as they are published and access to all issues published from 2009 to 2016-2017 as an additional benefit of membership.
- Members in this category may vote in the annual spring elections.
- Members in this category may nominate an individual member to hold elective office as 2nd VP, Regional Representative (three year term) or International Representative (two year term).
Reduced Conference Rates
- Individual members will be eligible for reduced rates at annual NCRE fall and spring conferences.
- NCRE maintains a set of Councils that address specific focus areas in rehabilitation education. The Councils provide a forum for Individual, New Career, Emeritus, and Student Members to network with other professionals and work on areas of shared interest.
- Council groups hold meetings at the annual Fall and Spring conferences, but may also meet at other times throughout the year.
- The RE-MAIL LIST is a forum both to learn about and inform the NCRE community on issues of interest to rehabilitation counseling, and rehabilitation education.
- NCRE President’s and Administrative Office Updates, Job Announcements, Annual Conference Updates and Training Opportunities, Legislative Updates, Awards and Scholarship Announcements, NIDRR and RSA Announcements/Grant Opportunities, Newsletters and more.