Mississippi State University, Tenure Track Assistant Professor
Position Title: Tenure Track Assistant Professor
Organization: Mississippi State University
Location: Starkville, MS
Posted Dated: Monday, March 30, 2020
Application Due Date: The review of applications will begin April 2020 and will continue until position is filled. Starting date is August 15, 2020.
The Rehabilitation Counseling Program at Mississippi State University is excited to announce the opening for an assistant professor to join our growing program at a Research 1 Carnegie status institution! We are seeking applicants to join our full-time faculty members for a tenure-track position in our CACREP accredited Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling program. The program serves master-of- science degree students and offers many unique training and research-driven experiences, including close partnership with the Mississippi Department of Rehabilitation Services, the National Research & Training Center for Blindness & Low Vision as well as the multi-million dollar TK Martin Center for Technology and Disability.
Mississippi State University (MSU) located in Starkville, Mississippi as part of the Southeastern conference (https://www.msstate.edu/about/starkville) and houses a student body of approximately 22,000 students. MSU holds status as a Research 1 University from the influential Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education for “very high research activity,” and has been listed by the National Science Foundation as a top 100 research institution. The vocational rehabilitation counseling program at MSU has been nationally-accredited since 1975.
• Graduate teaching, Practicum & Internship supervision, graduate advising and program planning activities;
• Adhere to the scientist-practitioner model with a strong emphasis on training in the utilization of empirically based assessment, intervention, and consultation methods;
• Conduct scholarly research consistent with the goals of the department; and
• Participate in service and leadership activities at the department, university, and professional organization level.
• Earned doctorate in counseling with an emphasis in vocational rehabilitation, vocational evaluation or a closely related field;
• ABD’s will be considered if degree is completed by August 15, 2020; and
• Demonstration of potential excellence in teaching, research and service.
• Earned doctorate from a recognized rehabilitation counseling program approved by NCRE and/or accredited by CACREP;
• Eligible for national certification as a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC);
• Experience working in the field of vocational rehabilitation counseling;
• Record of excellence in teaching rehabilitation counseling courses for diverse student populations in university settings;
• Record of scholarly research activity, as evidenced by publications, presentations, grants, etc.; and
• Record of service and leadership to community/organizations.
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
How to Apply:
The review of applications will begin April 2020 and will continue until position is filled. Starting date is August 15, 2020.
All applicants must apply online at https://www.jobs.msstate.edu, complete the Personal Data Information Form and send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, official transcript(s), three (3) letters of reference, and the names and full contact information for five (5) additional references.
For Inquiries: Contact either Search Committee Co-Chair – Dr. Charles Palmer firstname.lastname@example.org (662) 325-7917 or Dr. Laith Mazahreh email@example.com (662) 325-7116.