Deadline date to submit application and require documentation is WEDNESDAY, APRIL 12.
2nd Vice President
In order to run 2nd Vice President you must be an Individual Member of NCRE for the July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017 membership year.
2nd VP Application – please click on this link to view 4- page application for more details.
In order to run for Regional Representative 1, 4, 7 and 10 Seat on the Board of Directors you must reside in the region you are running for and be an Individual Member of NCRE for theJuly 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017 membership year.
To determine if you are eligible to run for a regional representative seat on the board please view this link: https://ncre.org/membership-overview/institutional-membership/institutional-member-directory/
Regional Representative Application – please click on this link to view 4- page application for more details.
If you have any questions please contact administrative office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nomination & Election Process
- Nominations may be made by any individual in good standing to the Nominating Committee. The Nominating Committee shall be composed of the Past President, who shall act as Chairperson, and two regional representatives selected by the Past President.
- Insofar as possible, the Nominating Committee shall propose to the Executive Committee two or more candidates to fill each vacancy. The Committee shall determine the eligibility of nominees and ascertain their willingness to stand for office.
- Recommendations for nominees may be submitted to the Nominating Committee by any individual member.
- Nominees for any office of NCRE must consist of individual members in good standing.
- Prior to being placed on the ballot, all nominees shall submit a written ‘Agreement to Serve if elected’. Please contact the NCRE Administrative Office to request additional information regarding the nomination process.
- Officers of NCRE shall be elected by a mail ballot sent to each individual member of NCRE not less than ninety (90) days before the first meeting of the fiscal year. Ballots must be received by the C.O.O not more than thirty (30) days from the date on which they were sent to members.
- A vacant line shall be provided under the names of the candidate or candidates for each office so that voters may write in their personal choice for the office. Write-in candidates will not be considered unless they are individual members of NCRE.
- The candidate receiving a majority of votes cast shall be elected. In the event that no candidate receives a majority of the votes cast, a second election shall be held between the two candidates receiving the highest number of votes.
Election of Regional Representatives
- Prior to being elected, all Regional Nominees shall submit a written ‘Agreement to Serve if Elected’.
- Each Region shall elect one Representative.
- Each Region shall elect one Representative, who shall serve a three-year term on the Board of Directors. Terms shall be staggered over a three-year period. In the first year, representatives shall be elected from Regions I, IV, VII, and X; in the second year, representatives shall be elected from Regions II, V, and VIII; in the third year, representatives shall be elected from Regions III, VI, and IX. All representatives must be individual members of NCRE.
- The C.O.O. will supervise the counting of ballots. He/she will appoint no less than two unbiased individuals to count the ballots received. To certify the election results, the C.O.O. will verify that each representative has received a majority of the votes cast, and forward the result to the Past President.
- In an election of regional representative only individual members from the respective regions may cast one vote each.
- In the event that a Region has not elected a Representative in a certified election by the conclusion of the first meeting of NCRE, the President may appoint a member from the region to serve as a Representative until a certified election has taken place.
- The Past President is responsible for announcing the results of regional elections and officers in a timely fashion. The Past President will notify elected person(s) about their status, once final election results are known.
Election of Student and International Representatives
- Prior to being elected, all Student and International Nominees shall submit a written ‘Agreement to Serve if Elected.’
- The Board of Directors shall include one Student Representative and one International Representative. The Student Representative must be a Student Member of NCRE and the International Representative must be an Individual Member.
- Any member of NCRE may submit nominations for the International Representative to the Nominating Committee. Student Members of NCRE may also submit nominations for the Student Member to the Nominating Committee. The Student Representative on the Board of Directors shall be elected by a majority vote of individuals who are Student Members of NCRE. Both the Student and the International Representative have voting privileges on the Board.
- Both International and Student Representatives serve a two- year term and are elected in alternate years.
Consider Becoming a Board Member
Serving NCRE as a Board or Executive Board member is a great honor and a chance to positively contribute to shaping the future of rehabilitation education and the rehabilitation counseling profession. Our profession is facing a number of crossroads with regard to such areas as licensure, accreditation, evidence-based practice, federal funding, professional identity, and organizational collaboration.
Your work as an Executive Board Member, Regional Representative, International or Student Representative will give you a chance to influence decisions made in these areas. We strongly encourage you to apply.