Position Title: Faculty
Institution: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
Posted Date: Monday, January 9, 2017
Application Due Date: Open Until Filled
Provides didactic and in-vivo professional education and technical assistance to mental health providers, organizations, persons in recovery, and other constituents. Conducts assessments related to readiness, training needs and organizational culture to develop training and technical assistance plans. Assists in the implementation of an innovative practice of career development for young adults with mental health conditions, Helping Youth on the Path to Employment (HYPE). Develops curricula for professional education manuals. Coordinates professional education activities. In addition, contributes to other functions of the Department and the Integrated Employment Institute (IEI) including development, collection and evaluation of outcome data, undergraduate and graduate level instruction, scholarly writing, funding proposal development, and coordination of consortia of stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in Psychiatric Rehabilitation, Rehabilitation Counseling, or related field required; PhD preferred. Licensed and/or certified counselors with credentials such as LPC, CRC, or CPRP preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Candidates should have significant experience providing rehabilitative services to individuals with psychiatric disabilities, as well as demonstrated knowledge of supported employment and/or supported education approaches.
- Experience providing rehabilitation services to college students with mental health conditions preferred.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, organizational culture and organizational change preferred. Candidates should also have experience developing and delivering curricula related to the practice of psychiatric rehabilitation.
- Provide didactic and in-vivo professional education and technical assistance to constituency groups in various locations throughout New Jersey
- Conduct needs assessments with identified constituent groups or organizations
- Develop educational materials and manuals (including web based materials) that allow for interchangeability and customization to meet the needs of various target audiences
- Contribute to the planning, coordination and evaluation of professional education and technical assistance activities
- Teach courses and/or develop and deliver lectures in the Department’s academic programs
- Assist in development and monitoring of web pages to support IEI stakeholders and market IEI services
- Assist in the collection and evaluation of data
- Contribute to Department’s scholarly projects related to employment/education of persons with disabilities and other topics
How to Apply
Please send three (3) references and curriculum vitae to email@example.com.
Institution Website: http://shp.rutgers.edu/dept/psyr/index.html