Position Title: Project Manager
Institution: Southern University and A & M College
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Posted Date: Monday, November 6, 2017
Application Due Date: Friday, December 15, 2017
TYPE: Full Time
LOCATION: Baton Rouge, Louisiana; Negotiable
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
Seeking project manager for the Vocational Rehabilitation Technical Assistance Center for Targeted Communities: Educate, Empower, and Employ (Project E3), a $2.5 million per year, multi-site, multi-partner national project providing intensive, on-site technical assistance (TA) to State Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) agencies and local partners to help individuals with disabilities in economically disadvantaged communities overcome systemic barriers to VR participation and employment outcomes. This project has been awarded through September 2020.
Project E3 is planning to hire a self-motivated, results-oriented, creative and detailed oriented individual with project management and evaluation experience working with 10 or more team members with varying levels of educational attainment (i.e. graduate student to tenured faculty). Preference will be given to the candidate with 5 or more years of experience working in either higher education or other related research settings. The successful candidate will (1) work directly with project partners to ensure on-time completion of project deliverables, (2) ensure that deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget, and (3) facilitate the production of replicable steps, activities and processes.
Under general supervision of the project director (PD), responsible for managing, monitoring, and supporting the accomplishment of TCTAC project objectives in collaboration with six partner organizations, including institutions of higher education. Assisted by a team of researchers, the incumbent will coordinate and support the timely and cost-effective provision, development, and implementation of the following deliverables
Intensive technical assistance (TA) for 12 project sites. Includes (1) tracking progress, challenges and opportunities in each project site, and communicating them to the PD; (2) Identifying opportunities for information-sharing, cross-fertilization, leveraging of resources among the partners and project sites.
Targeted and universal TA products and activities nationwide. Includes webinars, on-site trainings, curricula, communities of practice, responses to online inquiries, national results conferences and reports, etc.
Evaluation plan and final report, in coordination with the designated project evaluation team. Includes (1) measuring the effectiveness, efficiency, replicability, and sustainability of various intensive TA strategies and interventions; (2) assessing the impact of targeted and universal TA products and activities; (3) quantifying increases in VR participation, competitive integrated employment outcomes and other key performance indicators, as well as qualitative measures; and (4) identifying key findings, trends, promising practices and lessons learned.
• Graduate degree in a program/project management and evaluation field, including rehabilitation, public administration, business administration, etc.
• 3-5 years’ experience in program/project management
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience managing, monitoring, and evaluating complex multi-site, multi-partner national projects
• Expertise in data collection and analysis, including building baseline and outcome comparison tables
• Fluency with digital spreadsheets, statistical software programs, interactive IT platforms, and cloud-based data systems, etc.
• Strong leadership, team-building and interpersonal skills, including effective verbal and written communications
• Excellent communication skills in various settings: teleconference, video conference, team meetings, presentation and one-on-one with project team members
• Practical knowledge of the Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VR) program, RSA-911 data requirements, and the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), including new performance accountability indicators
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
This position requires occasional national, on-site travel with some overnight travel ranging from 2-5 days. In addition, during certain periods, the job will/may require hours beyond the normal 8-5 workday, especially when completing tasks on a tight schedule. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with expertise and experience. If you enjoy working with vocational rehabilitation professionals who believe in creating innovative solutions to problems, we encourage you to apply. Relocation to Baton Rouge is preferred, but negotiable.
SALARY: $65,000 to $85,000, annually.
How to Apply
Please submit your letter of application, resume’ and three (3) professional reference letters to:
Dr. Madan Kundu, Ph.D., FNRCA, CRC, NCC, LRC
Director, VRTAC-TC: Project E3
Department of Rehabilitation and Disability Studies
Southern University and A & M College
Room 230, Blanks Hall
Baton Rouge, LA 70813
OR via email to: Madan_Kundu@subr.edu
Institution Website – www.subr.edu