Job Announcement: Springfield College
Position Title: Assistant Professor of Rehabilitation and Disability Studies
Institution: Springfield College
Location: Springfield, MA
Posted Date: Wednesday, November 8, 2017
Application Due Date: Open Until Filled
Assistant Professor of Rehabilitation and Disability Studies
The Rehabilitation and Disability Studies Department, School of Health and Sciences and Rehabilitation Studies at Springfield College, invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Rehabilitation and Disability Studies. This is a full-time, nine-month, tenure track appointment beginning August 2018, and offers the opportunity to make a strong impact on a growing department. The department includes undergraduate majors in Communication Sciences and Disorders, Health Science, and Rehabilitation and Disability Studies, a graduate program in Rehabilitation Counseling, and several minors.
Responsibilities will include teaching four courses each semester, scholarship, academic advising, and committee and other service activities.
• The successful candidate will have a doctoral degree in Rehabilitation Counseling, or a related field and hold the CRC.
• Preference given to candidates with a doctoral degree earned from a CACREP-accredited program.
• Applicants with expertise (research and teaching) in support of the college’s commitment to an increasingly diverse campus community are of particular interest.
• Candidates will teach in the undergraduate and graduate Rehabilitation and Disability Studies and Rehabilitation Counseling programs.
• Candidates with college teaching experience and expertise in early intervention, assessment, working with children and families with developmental disabilities, and/or transition services will be given preference.
Founded in 1885, Springfield College is a private, coeducational institution serving more than 5,000 undergraduate and graduate students. Its mission – the education of the whole person in spirit, mind, and body for leadership in service to others – reflects its distinctive Humanics philosophy. For more information please visit the Colleges homepage at www.springfield.edu.
How to Apply
Please visit our career site at https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1210401&d=ExternalCareerSite#/
A letter of application, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of three professional references are required to complete the online application process.
Application screening will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Springfield College is committed to enhancing diversity and equality in education and employment.
Institution Website – https://springfield.edu/