Position Title: Clinical Assistant Professor
Organization: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Location: Champaign, IL
Posted Dated: Tuesday, February 25, 2020
Application Due Date: Tuesday, March 24, 2020
ANNOUNCEMENT OF FACULTY POSITION
Clinical Assistant Professor of Rehabilitation Counseling
Department of Kinesiology & Community Health
College of Allied Health Sciences
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Department of Kinesiology & Community Health at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign invites applications for a Clinical Assistant Professor of Rehabilitation Counseling position. The successful candidate has the unique opportunity for significant professional growth in contributing to the development and implementation of a new Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP) accredited Master of Science in Rehabilitation Counseling Program.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
• Implement CACREP Professional Practice accreditation standards and processes for the Master of Science in Rehabilitation Counseling program including practicum, internship, application of counseling theory, and the development of student counseling skills under supervision.
• Serve as the Practicum and Internship Coordinator for the Master of Science in Rehabilitation Counseling program per CACREP Learning Environment accreditation standards. In this role, the successful applicant has the opportunity to develop a strong professional network with the Disability Resources & Educational Services, Chez Veterans Center, and numerous local and statewide rehabilitation counseling and disability service providers.
• While also serving as Assistant Director, contribute to the development, implementation, and delivery of a new CACREP-accredited Master of Science in Rehabilitation Counseling program including curriculum development, teaching, clinical supervision, marketing and student recruitment, partner development, CACREP Self-Study development, and serving as the CACREP Liaison.
• Masters degree in Rehabilitation Counseling from a CACREP or Council on Rehabilitation Education (CORE) accredited program; or Masters degree in Counseling from a CACREP accredited program
• Clinical counseling experience with individuals with disabilities
• Experience in providing clinical counseling supervision to rehabilitation counselors
• Experience in providing clinical counseling training and supervision to masters rehabilitation counseling students
• Strong interest in masters rehabilitation counseling student teaching, advising, and mentoring
• Possession of, or eligibility for, the State of Illinois Licensure as a Professional Counselor (LPC) credential
• Possession of, or eligibility for, the national Certification as a Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) certification credential
• Strong working knowledge of CACREP accreditation standards and processes for masters rehabilitation counseling programs, State of Illinois LPC counseling licensure regulations, and CRC certification guidelines
• Doctoral degree in Rehabilitation Counselor Education or Counselor Education & Supervision from a CACREP-accredited doctoral program
• Experience in developing, implementing, and managing CACREP accreditation for a masters rehabilitation counseling program
Position type and starting date:
The Clinical Assistant Professor position is a 9-month, non-tenure track appointment. Summer teaching and/or administrative appointments may be possible based on program and department needs. The start date for the position is August 16, 2020.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience, and includes an administrative stipend for completion of Assistant Director responsibilities.Application procedure:For full consideration, please submit all required materials by March 24, 2020. Screening of candidates will continue until the position is filled. To apply please create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload the following:• Letter of application that describes your qualifications in relation to the Clinical Assistant Professor position announcement responsibilities and qualifications• Curriculum vitae• Narrative statement on your teaching and clinical supervision approaches (1000 word limit)• Graduate academic transcripts• Names, affiliation, and contact information of three professional references. Applicants will be notified prior to the search committee contacting references.All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. For additional information regarding the position please contact Dr. John Kosciulek, Search Committee Chair, Director – Master of Science in Rehabilitation Counseling Program, at email@example.com
Urbana-Champaign is a micro-urban community with a population of approximately 130,000 located in east central Illinois. It is conveniently located between Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis and has its own airport and train service. Combining natural Midwest beauty and cultural resources typically found in much larger metropolitan areas, Urbana-Champaign is friendly, livable, easy to navigate, affordable, and has excellent public school systems. There is a work-life balance here that gives faculty ample time for both scholarship and personal pursuits devoid of the hassles of large city life. The dual downtown areas have grown into vibrant public spaces and entertainment districts over the past two decades. Both communities have recently made substantial investments in new public libraries, and the University of Illinois library is known as one of the country’s best. Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy 80 parks within the two communities with easy access to three major forest preserves in Champaign County, IL.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Applied Health Sciences
Title: College of Applied Health Sciences: Clinical Assistant Professor, Kinesiology and Community Health-Rehabilitation Counseling (128615)
Open Date: 02/25/2020
Organization Name: Kinesiology and Community Health
How to Apply:
For full consideration, please submit all required materials by March 24, 2020. Screening of candidates will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload the following:
• Letter of application that describes your qualifications in relation to the Clinical Assistant Professor position announcement responsibilities and qualifications
• Curriculum vitae
• Narrative statement on your teaching and clinical supervision approaches (1000 word limit)
• Graduate academic transcripts
• Names, affiliation, and contact information of three professional references. Applicants will be notified prior to the search committee contacting references.
All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered.
For additional information regarding the position please contact Dr. John Kosciulek, Search Committee Chair, Director – Master of Science in Rehabilitation Counseling Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organization Website: https://www.ahs.illinois.edu/