Position Title: Director of Rehabilitation Counseling Education Program and Tenure Track Open Rank Professor
Organization: Utah State University, Department of Special Education and Rehabilitation
Location: Logan, Utah
Application Due Date: Open Until Filled
The Department of Special Education and Rehabilitation is seeking outstanding candidates to fill an open rank (assistant, associate, or full) tenure track faculty position as the Director of Rehabilitation Counseling Education Program. The person who fills this position will direct the master’s and doctoral programs in Rehabilitation Counseling, teach courses in the programs, and conduct research related to rehabilitation counseling. Potential applicants from a Rehabilitation Counseling background are encouraged to apply.
This position is a 9-month academic year position with the opportunity for summer employment dependent on the availability of funds. The committee will consider applications at the Assistant, Associate, or Professor Level.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
1. Directing and building master’s and doctoral programs in Rehabilitation Counseling. Collaborate with rehabilitation counseling faculty and the Department Head to continually build, refine, and implement excellent programs in Rehabilitation Counseling at the post-bachelor, master’s, and doctoral levels.
2. Developing an active line of research with publications in refereed journals.
3. Pursuing external funding in collaboration with other faculty, as appropriate.
4. Teaching on-campus and distance-based graduate (post-bachelor, master’s and doctoral) classes in the Rehabilitation Counseling Education program.
5. Advising and mentoring graduate students.
Minimum Required Qualifications
1. Earned doctorate degree in Rehabilitation Counseling or a closely related field (e.g., psychology, counseling psychology).
2. Eligible for Certified Rehabilitation Counselor and counseling related licensure in Utah (e.g., Licensed Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor, Clinical Mental Health Counselor).
3. Experience as a rehabilitation counselor.
4. Experience with the competitive integrated employment of people with disabilities.
5. Evidence of potential to provide leadership to the master’s and doctoral programs in Rehabilitation Counseling.
6. Evidence of the potential to be a productive scholar and researcher.
7. Evidence of the potential to be an excellent college-level teacher.
8. Evidence of excellent skills in collaboration, communication, and leadership.
Additional Minimum Qualifications for Associate and Full Professor Ranks
• Meeting USU standards for the relevant rank.
Preference will be given to candidates who have one or more of the following
1. Demonstrated success in leading master’s and/or doctoral programs in Rehabilitation Counseling.
2. Experience in leadership positions at the national, state or district level.
3. Demonstrated success in Rehabilitation Counselor education.
4. Demonstrated success in obtaining external funding to support personnel preparation and/or research projects.
5. Demonstrated success using technology-enhanced college teaching and electronic distance education (both synchronous and asynchronous modalities).
6. Demonstrated success in collaborative activities such as interdisciplinary authorship of published research, interdisciplinary transition or other service delivery, or co-teaching of interdisciplinary courses.
Additional Preferred Qualifications for Associate and Full Professor Ranks
• Additional quantity and quality of success and experience in the Preferred Qualifications listed above.
How to Apply:
Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply online please go to: https://usu.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobid=3312
Along with the online application please attach:
1. A letter of application that specifically addresses your qualifications for this position
2. A current curriculum vita
3. A list of names and contact information of three professional references
4. If available, copies of course evaluations
Organization Website: https://sper.usu.edu/